Wednesday, April 23, 2014

SPRING PROSPECTIVE: 2015 OL Quentin Hall

[BOSTON] -  For every story of a path less traveled comes a story of a path well traveled; and in the case of Quentin Hall; the offensive lineman has taken the path that best serves his own development.  A four-year starter at Thayer Academy, Hall is set to graduate this spring.  Following graduation, he will enroll at Milford Academy (NY) in the fall as a postgraduate to better prepare for opportunities that await at the next level.  Frustrated with his own college recruitment, Hall's approach was to locate the opportunity he needed to prove himself.  Milford Academy is considered among the elite postgraduate football programs in the country, and after receiving an opportunity from head coach Bill Chaplick to join the team, Hall knew he had one last opportunity to prove all naysayers wrong.

THE BEGINNING

"I haven been playing football and playing along the offensive line since I was 7-years-old.   It's been the game I love ever since I started playing, and all the way up to high school I was always the biggest guy on the field.   That changed my freshman year at Thayer Academy when they started me on varsity and I found myself going up against Max Ricci at Lawrence Academy, who now plays at Boston College.  He basically picked me up and threw me to the ground.   He gave me a good reminder from that point forward I will no longer always be the biggest guy on the field."

THAYER ACADEMY

"I was a three-sport athlete also competing in basketball and baseball, and in football I was a four-year starter.   I started at right tackle my freshman year, and then started at left tackle my final three years.   I really bought and fit into the system my first three years and that allowed me the good fortune of being a team captain my senior year.   It was a rewarding experience taking on a leadership role and bringing my teammates together.  We lost a lot of games during my senior season and it forced me to take my work ethic up another level with how I worked in the classroom, in the weight room, and on the field.  I did my best to lead by example and hope it pays dividends for next year's team and beyond.   I am eager to bring my experiences with me and assume a leadership role at Milford Academy and in college."

SELF-EVALUATION

"After going back and watching film of myself after the season ended, I saw that I need to finish plays stronger and dominate more consistently at the point of attack.  I went against a lot of smaller guys in high school and to the naked eye it often would look like a good block but I know I need to advance my technique to be more successful at Milford Academy and in college.  I have really focused on my explosion getting off the ball and drive blocking using my lower body in the running game."

COLLEGE RECRUITMENT

"I would label my recruitment over the last year as a roller coaster.  I received a lot of positive encouragement and indication from various FBS and FCS programs that I was in heavy discussion to receive a scholarship, but too often I was let down when it came to extending an official offer.  Through last fall, I received interest from programs such as: New Hampshire, Maine, Coastal Carolina, Richmond, and Fordham along with FBS schools like UConn and UMass.  A few weeks ago, I attended the spring game at Boston College and was fortunate to spend quality time with Coach (Steve) Lempa; my area recruiter; and Coach (Justin) Frye; the offensive line coach.  They informed me they were aware of me while I was at Thayer but they filled up on offensive line scholarships before they could review my senior film.  They are interested in getting me to a one-day camp this summer and would like to see my first three games at Milford.   This summer, I am doing my best to plan trips to Iowa, Wisconsin, Virginia, North Carolina, and Duke.  I also will be playing the Massachuetts Shriners All-Star Football Classic from June 7th to June 21st."

MILFORD ACADEMY

"When I drove up to the school with my dad the first thing we saw outside the office buildings were two football fields.  I could tell right then with the history and tradition of the program that I knew it was the place I wanted to be.   The biggest reason I wanted the opportunity at Milford is the competition.  We are going to play a college level schedule and I could not ask for a better opportunity to physically and mentally prepare myself for the next level.  The coaching staff told me practice will be even tougher than the games and that excites me too to know the level of talent I will team with and go up against in practice every day.  It's the perfect environment for me to play football this fall."

CLOSING

"I am stronger this spring than I have ever been and have really developed my upper and lower body.  I am currently six-foot-five, 305-pounds and have been told by the Milford coaches they plan to start me at left guard.   I know what I have to do to take my game to the next level and know the competition I will face every day and in every game will prove how far I have advanced my game."



No comments:

Post a Comment