Tuesday, May 27, 2014

SPRING PROSPECTIVE: 2015 QB Brandon Bisack

[FAIRFIELD] -  We have an emerging high-level quarterback prospect in the class of 2015 and it is our sincere pleasure to have the opportunity to formally introduce this quarterback.   His name is Brandon Bisack and he attends Warde High School in Fairfield, CT.  When many recruiting analysts are questioning the overall level of talent at quarterback in the class of 2015, we offer our encouragement to dive in deeper on Brandon Bisack whose arm talent is clearly ready for big-time college football. The six-foot-five, 210-pound gunslinger has excelled with his off-season development strengthening his footwork, mechanics, and adding muscle to his frame.  He also excels in the classroom with a 3.5 GPA and will take the SAT for the first time in June.


Many coaches desire an unfinished product with a high ceiling for development and with Bisack that is exactly what you get.

"I didn't start playing quarterback until I reached the 9th grade," said Bisack.  "My dad and our neighbor across the street coached us in youth football and started having us play in the 2nd grade.  Because of weight restrictions, I was asked to play along the defensive line through youth football.   I thought I did pretty well given I saw my name in the paper a few times and made some plays behind the line of scrimmage.  Even during youth football, though, I always knew I wanted to play quarterback."

His father, John, played offensive line at Hofstra University.  Football is in the family's bloodlines and despite his late start playing quarterback competitively, Bisack's ascension at quarterback developed quickly receiving promotions during both his freshman and sophomore seasons.

"I started off with the freshman team but after a few games into the season, we were in need of a junior varsity quarterback and they were waiting for someone to claim the position so I stepped up and proved I could handle the job," Bisack explained.

"Then, going into my sophomore season I continued with the junior varsity team but I was able to run scout team versus our varsity defense in practice.  I made a point to always take mental reps even while I was on the sidelines as I wanted to be fully prepared when my opportunity came.  During the start of the season, I would receive reps in games and it continued to progress to where by the middle of the season I was playing a full quarter then it progressed to a full half.  Then, in our third to last game of the season, I played three quarters and while we didn't throw the ball a whole lot, my first completion was a 25-yard post route that gave the coaches the comfort I could handle myself at the varsity level.  I had the players support from the preparation I had put in all fall.  They were behind me all the way."

"I started the final two games of the season.   We did not have a very good season finishing 1-9 but it proved to be a great learning experience for me.   It gave me great understanding of how I needed to speed up my preparation and game to match the competition I was facing at the varsity level."

Bisack's ascension at quarterback continued through his junior season but with a much larger focus on overall team development.

"I can't remember the last time Warde High School made the state playoffs, but I know my graduating class is considered one of the more talented classes at the school in recent history," explained Bisack.  "We were able to put more of our stamp on the team this past fall and while we didn't achieve the overall win/loss record we desired, we competed a full four quarters with each team we faced and did increase our record to 4-7 on the season.  We finished our season on a high note winning our Thanksgiving day game against our crosstown rival Ludlowe High School in big fashion after suffering a real disappointing loss the year before."

Beyond his goal of earning an opportunity to play big-time college football, Bisack has his sights squarely set on finishing his high school career strong.

"Our focus has been where it needs to be this off-season and I know we are putting in a lot of work to finish strong in our senior campaign. You can only lose 1 or 2 games during the regular season to qualify for the state playoffs.  I know that is a real challenge for us given our schedule but we are going to give it our best shot.  Our expectation is definitely to improve our record and finish with a winning season," Bisack continued.

"Personally, I want to continue to get better as a football player.  I want to play smarter, make better decisions on the field, and better my TD/INT ratio.  I have put in a lot of hard work this off-season.  I spend five days a week throwing with my receivers working on our timing.  I am working with a trainer locally to better improve my footwork, quickness, and agility.  One of the areas I have concentrated on making the biggest improvement is my ability to operate within the pocket.  I may not be your standard dual threat but I know I have to play effectively within the pocket and be able to avoid the rush.  I also have spent considerable time with a nutritionist to have a more effective diet, re-shape my body, and begin adding muscle to my frame."

Part of Bisack's development this off-season has come result of time spent with DeBartolo QB Academy lead instructor Joe Dickinson.

"Joe has helped me a lot this off-season," said Bisack.  "He has helped me play my height.  I am much smoother in my drop, footwork in the pocket, and throwing the football from the right angles.  I also work with my local quarterback coach Travis Meyer on a weekly basis, and he has been working with me since my freshman year.  I am throwing the football better than I ever have before and am excited to go out and showcase that this summer."

Bisack's recruitment has kicked off at the FCS level and this summer he will be joining the GAIN Recruiting Bus Tour for his opportunity to formally introduce his talents to the FBS level.

"To this point, I have received a lot of interest from the Patriot League, most notably Lehigh.  Furman, Richmond, and Fordham are three others who have shown strong interest, too.  I had an opportunity to throw in front of Virginia Tech during the evaluation period and received feedback from Coach (Scott) Loeffler that they are interested and will be tracking me this summer and fall. I do not believe I have gotten much exposure to this point so I will be going out to throw for Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina, Wake Forest, Virginia, and West Virginia during the bus tour.  Following the tour, I will determine which additional camps I will attend," Bisack shared.

"I'm looking for a university where I know I will be comfortable living for four or five years even if football is taken away.  I am looking for a competitive program that has the same objective I do to win games.  I know I am not a dual-threat quarterback so I also am looking for a good fit schematically at a school I can go in and have an honest opportunity to earn the starting job."

Lastly, while he acknowledges Connecticut does not garner the same level of respect and does not have the same level of speed as southern states, Bisack will not discredit the experience he is receiving as the starting quarterback at Warde High School.

"Not many people will give respect to the competition I face in Connecticut but some of the best teams in the state are in our conference.  We are a class L school going up against at least 4 or 5 class LL schools and we play New Canaan annually whose considered the top program in the state.   I know the game will continue to get faster as I advance levels but I am confident in the preparation I am receiving from the teams we go against and the players I face."




No comments:

Post a Comment